8/19/10

I Understand So Much More Deeply Now, Nearly to the Point of Action

"When we walk with the Lord,
In the light of His word, 
What a glory He sheds on our way,
When we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey,
For there's no other way,
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey."
-John H. Sammis

Lessons from this week...
Obedience leads to joy.
My job is not to deviate from God's design. It is to understand.
What do you need prayer for? Communication with my dad to lead to protection under authority.
Why do I not talk? Because people have not understood. 
Why was I hurt by that? Because I trusted people instead of God.
Why am I sad? Because I have not allowed God to give me joy as much as I have cried out to Him.
I need to not only cry, but also obey so that He can lift me out of the miry clay, give me strength, and make me to take the next step. -Psalm 40
Why can I not forgive? I need God to show me this. It is His grace, not my strength that will change someone I pray for. Humility is needed.
For this I can cry, if I cry in faith ready to accept. -James 1

1 comment: