11/15/10

email to tim. oh! this is a good update! swuheeet!

Sorry, I never did reply to this Tim! Thanks for writing.

As far as bailing me out by baking brownies, I think that would be an incredible idea!

Mercy. That is so important! I'm thinking about it too. Maybe not in that word, but yeah it's basically mercy. Trying not to jump to conclusions, I guess even though I have better and better guesses about where kids are coming from, and I've seen the same foolishness time after time, it's still just trying to start from scratch with each one and focus on the real thing - their relationship with God. Who am I to get impatient saying that's the same foolishness time after time when I do the same before God?

I'm doing well. The day after I was very frustrated with my ability to handle the kids around us, some of the kids that my heart had been left with last year came and visited for the first time. I felt that day like it fixed everything. I was able to take like eight kids on a walk to a nearby school to play hockey with no problem, low stress, and a fun attitude. And everything seemed in order. God fixes things weird ways sometimes. I still am not sure what He is doing, what He is working. But it's bigger than the part of my feet that will ever be dipped in the water. 

Hey, it's not over with the kids at this school, with this huge puzzle, yet. I went and like despaired and got sick the other day because of worry over relationships with kids at this school. So. I'm still learning through this. XP

Yeah, we all teach at different schools. With some variation, each one of us has five schools and teach 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grade at each school. I teach every day in the morning Mon-Fri. Beks has irregular times, but also teaches Mon-Fri. Josh, Jess, and Liz cram a few days and get it all done by Thursday, then have Chinese lessons for themselves Friday morning while Beks and I are at school. 

OK. Signing off! Hope you're doing well. I learned a few things teaching this week. A lot actually. I should write about it. Nag me about it. =P 

Your brother in feet too! ;P
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment