5/17/11

Last night, we studied the command of prayer and the character quality of persuasiveness...and then I forgot about it...or so I thought. =)

Today was pretty good at school. The teacher seemed a little cold when he parked in front of our house to pick me up, and but God gave me the boldness to break the silence and ask if he had received my bio and report on the school. He had something to say about my bio being only about God. So that made me a little fearful as I started school. However, I took opportunities to thank him and try to connect in his language, you know, like computers, food, interests, etc. Before morning classes concluded, my third grade cheered me up by coming to me for hugs. This hasn't happened before at this school. By the end of the day, my teacher was no longer hostile. Only tense. I'd been praying God's Hand. I didn't want spiritual conflict to play out in hostility and unreasonable actions. I believe the Lord has answered prayer. I believe He gave me wisdom. At the point someone becomes uncomfortable because his spirit collides with ours, he can go two ways. He can hide his spirit, or he can bully to cover up his weaker spirit (greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world). I believe that God led me to show confidence and kindness, appealing to the intellect that, in most people, has been trained to be reasonable and unable to find grounds for hostility in the face of kindness. Whatever happened, I do know this, that God sustained me today. And furthermore that He blessed me once again through my students. Praying for this teacher now.

1 comment: