5/30/10

Prayer for a Picture

As I get older, what have I learned? How have I improved? My lines are not more beautiful. My colors not deeper and more subtle. They are harder, clashing, complex. Can a man become simpler? Or does he only grow more complicated in order to handle larger and harder orders from more customers in life? Can a man become more childlike and not look like a fool, despised and looked down on by the likes of me for not being manly, for being a baby? Who can be strong and yet without scar or callous? Who can be strong and yet more sensitive? If I do not get better, does life, and does life get better till heaven? Lord please give me a reason, an analogy, a thought, to sort my thoughts out. Please give me a picture.

And this clutter of harsh symbols and questions will become but one work of Your Hand, without start and end, crease nor wrinkle, nor dent, it'll be simple. Simple yet strong. I pray this in Your name. And rest tonight in the same. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Simplicity is the natural result of one of the two: maturity or ignorance. Both a mature man and a naive man can have a "unified theory" to explain everything they encountered. By maturity, I mean that this person has less incoherent value systems (such as being a christian but walking as if there is no God).

    When the Holy Spirit confronts our old self, our philosophies, belief, and value systems clash against each other, and maturity can be the outcome - if we are willing to yield. Then, one can face the complex world with simplicity and strength and handle all circumstance with one unified manner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ben~
    When you return, borrow a book we own called "Brave, Strong and Tender" by our friend, Phil Downer.
    Prayers tonight are for you~
    Mrs. Regan

    ReplyDelete