10/31/10

Where is Everyone?

So, there are too many acquaintances, too many groups, too many locations, too many activities. Most of all, there are too many opportunities. I talk with numerous people during each week, some from one school, some from another. Some from one shop, some from another. Some from church, some from no Christian background. Some from one city, some from another. Some from one TESOL team, some from another. Some are third graders. Some are adults. Some like sports, some don't. Some are busy, some have more time than I can handle visiting me at all oddest hours beknownst to man. Some are cheerful and open, some have withheld their lives from others. Some are acting. But in short, there are simply too many people groups for me to handle.

And while, I've enjoyed talking and getting excited about scheduling certain fun activities with so many teachers, kids, and neighbors, I cannot go to one child's track meet, then another's swimming, then a cell group with one church, then a prayer meeting with another, then dinner with yet another church member. I know this is good, that I'm seeing God bridges churches, crossing all cultural and social lines. Yet FEW OF THESE OPPORTUNITIES ARE CONVERTING. We don't have good scheduling.

Furthermore, I feel I can never commit to one group. I cannot even really settle down at a sports meet where all my five schools, 20 grades/classes are present, 100 kids. Don't even mention all the kids I think about and from schools last year; my heart revolves around them and maybe it shouldn't cause it should revolve around God. But back to the sports meet, just as an example. Should I cheer for Juo Shi Elementary or Juo Le?

But again, that is not the point. The point is I have a problem. I'm not sure what it is. Maybe it's recognizing where all these dots connect into lines. I can NO LONGER CONNECT with everyone WHERE THEY ARE. They are going to have to connect where I am cause I can't run around looking for half a thousand people this year. 

I think it really bothers me that I seemingly can't GO to someone, meeting them at their activities, meeting them in their environment, meeting them WHERE THEY ARE in life! And seriously, I'm like, "WHERE'S EVERYONE?"

I know it's not really like this, but it feels like this. I HAVE TO BE HOST. I guess I just have to be ready for a change in my views on responsibility once again? Let me know if any of you have advice or thoughts. I'm just sitting here in bemuddlation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment