4/15/11

What Has God Done Since Bringing Me Here?

He has changed my views on responsibility. After showing me my utter helplessness, He showed me His complete ownership of all that transpires in my life. I now do things not to save myself, not to make sure my day goes well, not to ensure that I fulfill my responsibilities. No. I already know that nothing I do can ensure that. I already know that something might always go wrong no matter what I do. Yet God still chooses to make some things go right. Nothing ever passes that He does not take ownership of. So I now do things BECAUSE I know I will reap the rewards of what I sow, because God is responsible, and because I am free to do things. I AM FREE from OBLIGATION, FEAR, and "RESPONSIBILITY," so everything I do is additional and out of love. It is so much like my salvation. The price has been paid for, and now my acts are are to add to my faith - they are because my faith guarantees that what I sow to the Spirit and against the flesh will not return void - and out of love. So When I Am Responsible...I Give It To God.

And I thought that God had done nothing since bringing me out here. Praise the Lord Who reigns above AND here. Thank you all for prayers. Very much. 

It's not that I can't do things. It's I can't MAKE THINGS HAPPEN and God can MAKE THINGS HAPPEN. So He's the One and I'm just allowed to be a helper. It's like our teaching situation. We're supposed to be assistants not teachers. It's a matter of roles not actions. (photo by my uncle, Ping Hui Kao)

3 comments:

  1. :D I'm glad to hear what God is doing in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So GOOD to hear what God is doing way over there. We love you and miss you. Continue to desperately cling to your Savior.
    Mrs. Regan

    ReplyDelete