5/31/11

More journaling

Praying for the alternative service "guard" at Juo Shi elementary and the English teacher I work with there. God worked miracles today again. I talked with the "guard". I said I cared for the things of others only because of God. He said he agreed with me and that he also made a promise to his god, Buddha and a few others. I asked him how he chose his gods. He said by how he felt about it. So we got to talk about feelings. He asked if I'd heard God before. (that was God's spirit moving. who has been praying?!) I told him how I would write down verses and then compare them later. God totally prepared me for this in the last couple weeks, first teaching me about patience in waiting for confirmation of visions in the book my parents gave me for my birthday. Ever since the retreat, I have been writing down verses, esp last week, I just wrote down all the verses that have been brought up and reaffirmed by different people this year. Working with the English teacher was miraculous as well. He normally just talks about what we "Sweitzer teachers" do wrong in general, how the students don't learn anything, and about why they don't really need us here. Today was the first he's thanked me for teaching the students something. This is all beyond my comprehension. Yesterday, the teacher at another school was driving me home and something in the conversation somehow made me think of what had happened Sunday night with me forgetting my money and ending up meeting Peter, my student, and having a good talk with him. Later, I found the connection between this story and our actual conversation had been pretty remote. It was definitely God making me speak. The teacher really responded, sharing from his own life how he thought what I said was true. I don't understand, but God is good, and I will continue to look for His goodness.

1 comment: