6/6/11

journal - poem on loyalty, prayer list, and poem on prayer

June 6, 2011

Loyalty.

I wanted to spew my colors
To make the world, richer, fuller
I wanted to be a life
Fill the space around me with my shades of light

Then God told me to keep my heart
Keep those rays within my guard
He wanted me to grow in faithfulness
Faithfulness can seem so colorless

But I have learned that holding in
Makes me dark within
Deepens my heart's hues
And life is richer when I'm me and you are you.

(Spewing is pale
Venting is rabid
Splashes of lightning
Like lifeless gale.

Holding is rich
Keeping is powerful
Guarding our souls
like potent reservoirs.

Concentration is strength.)


praying for bekah and josh today.
praying for liberation from ancestor worship
praying for liberation from spirit appeasement
praying for unity in our home
praying for school tomorrow

prayer.

i'm standing here as tall oaks bend over in thoughtful gaze
they look at me as though something has happened today
their arms so twisted in agony and painful tears fall as they play, it's august
but august brings winter, and winter death - something i've come to know as standing right here, 
i go my way.

i don't stop to, look its way, but it comes with me
and no matter where i go, where i pause, it's over me
here. i'm still here. it takes forever, to go anywhere
but it takes even longer to stay where you are.

i like to think that tears falling down, from oak to the ground
don't stay. they run away.
like waters drunk by thirsty ground, they're drunk down
eagerly. they are needed.
and i too am needed here.

maybe i can catch the fluttery tears without breaking them
they are crisp from the heat of the past season
they fall without reason. maybe i'm reason enough
for them to fall and be caught

i think i know. i know something that sustains me.
keeps me here even longer than the tears that fall onto me.
the eyebrows cringe, wrinkles stare stolidly, and tears continue to come down on me.
oak tears are much like mine, but they come from me, when i die. 

i know. i know. something that keeps me here as we
enter into eternity. i wear. i wear something that sleeves me like a shirt sleeves a body, cause i am only an arm.
And since I'm just an arm...I can't ever really cry cause i have no eyes. i just feel the throbbing of sobbing chest and wrenched blue heart, fading into obscurity. 
those are the times that i finally feel alive - when i feel the oak leaves fall, onto me. when i feel the tears of God fall. on my wrist. they have fallen so long in my life, that i've come alive and they have stopped. i have outlived them. only because. they have fallen. and when the seasons have changed, and i too have fallen, maybe i too will cry along with them. and our tears will fall on the heads of others who stand under oak trees, long bent over, in prayer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment